The CBD concentration of a product is sometimes mistaken by new buyers for the dosage of a CBD product, but they are completely different things. The concentration of CBD in a given product is the overall strength of the CBD, which is to say it refers to the overall amount of CBD by product weight. CBD is measured in milligrams (mg), so the concentration of CBD in a product will always be quantified in mg, even when the product itself uses a different measuring unit, such as milliliters (mL) or fluid ounces (fl. oz. or oz. fl.). The dosage of a CBD product is the recommended amount that should be taken at a given time within a certain time frame, often a 24-hour period.
So, for example, say you’re looking to buy a CBD oral tincture product from a reputable online CBD retailer, and this particular CBD oral tincture contains a total of 30 milliliters (mL) of liquid and it has a concentration of 500 mg with a manufacturer’s recommended dosage of 1 mL every six hours, we would have all of the information needed up front to determine exactly how much CBD you will be introducing into your system at a given time, even before you buy a new CBD product: it’s concentration and dosage.
The concentration of this product — as we’ve determined in this example — is 500 mg; this means that in the entire bottle (30 mL of liquid for this example product), there is a grand total of 500 mg of CBD. For this exercise, we will say that this particular product has a manufacturer’s recommended dosage of 1 mL per every six hours, so we can determine that each recommended serving of 1 mL of oral tincture will contain approximately 16.6 mg of CBD out of the total of 500 mg (500 mg concentration in total ÷ 30 mL of total product size ÷ 1 mL serving size means that there is 16.6 mg of CBD per serving.)
All reputable CBD retailers and manufacturers will provide you with the concentration, total product weight, and their recommended dosage guidelines, as is required by Federal law. By knowing the difference between concentration and dosage, with the manufacturer’s provided information, you will be able to quickly and easily determine how much CBD you will be taking per recommended dosage, even if you’re not provided with this exact information upfront.
Determining the concentration of a given product is generally very easy, as most products will have the concentration listed directly on the product, but determining your dosage is a little more complicated. Often, manufacturers will give you a recommended dosage to follow, but these dosage suggestions are sometimes given in a range, or the dosage for a product might be higher or lower for you specifically, due to a few different factors.
These factors are:
• Your Body Weight: your body weight can play a role in determining what dosage would be best for you. As with any supplements, medications, or other foreign substances you introduce into your body (such as food, alcohol, etc.), your overall body weight has some deterministic factors in how quickly you will absorb and start to break down the product;
• Your Desired Effects: what your exact desired effects from the CBD product will also play a role in determining what your dosage amount should be. This is due to the fact that if you just want to have a better overall mood, you will theoretically probably need to take less mg of CBD per dose as opposed to someone that is using a CBD product as a supplementary health product to mitigate mild-to-severe pain management;
• Your Overall Tolerance Levels: everybody’s body is unique, and they will have varying levels of tolerance to CBD. The tolerance threshold for CBD might increase after prolonged chronic use of CBD, but it’s not a guaranteed occurrence. Similarly, it’s not guaranteed that you won’t have a higher tolerance threshold to the effects of CBD even as a new user.
Because of the different factors that go into finding a dose of a particular CBD product, we recommend that you always start at a slightly lower dose than the manufacturer’s recommended dose any time that you are trying a new CBD product (even if you’re a regular user of CBD products, any time you start using a new CBD product, it could affect you slightly different than previously used CBD products for a variety of different reasons), and slowly increase the dose amount over time until you find a dose that provides you with your desired effects. Taking higher-than-needed doses is not recommended, as it’s providing you with diminishing returns for a higher cost and it could potentially cause your tolerance levels of CBD to increase, mitigating at lower dosing levels the positive benefits that CBD can provide you.
For helping to determine what dosage size might be the best for you to start out at, we recommend using the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Adult Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator and comparing your current BMI against what the CDC considers is the average healthy adult BMI in the United States (which is in a range from BMIs of 18.5 to BMIs of 24.9) and basing any recommended manufacturer’s dosing instructions from the mindset that they are meant for adults that fall somewhere in this range of “Normal” BMIs, and adjusting your starting dosage with that in mind; so taking a significantly lower dose if you fall in the “Underweight” BMI range or taking a slightly lower dose if you fall into the “Overweight” or “Obese” BMI categories.
As a quick key to cross-reference with your particular CBD product’s recommended dosage, the following information can be helpful for those that are already fairly familiar with how well their body handles various CBD products:
Weight Group – 130 pounds or less:
• For Mild Effects: it is generally recommended to use a dosage with a CBD concentration of no more than 11 mg per dosing period;
• For Moderate Effects: it is generally recommended to use a dosage with a CBD concentration of 12 mg to 14 mg per dosing period;
• For Strong Effects: it is generally recommended to use a dosage with a CBD concentration of 15 mg to 17 mg per dosing period.
Weight Group – 130 to 230 pounds:
• For Mild Effects: it is generally recommended to use a dosage with a CBD concentration of no more than 18 mg per dosing period;
• For Moderate Effects: it is generally recommended to use a dosage with a CBD concentration of 19 mg to 23 mg per dosing period;
• For Strong Effects: it is generally recommended to use a dosage with a CBD concentration of 24 mg to 27 mg per dosing period.
Weight Group – more than 230 pounds:
• For Mild Effects: it is generally recommended to use a dosage with a CBD concentration of no more than 23 mg per dosing period;
• For Moderate Effects: it is generally recommended to use a dosage with a CBD concentration of 24 mg to 30 mg per dosing period;
• For Strong Effects: it is generally recommended to use a dosage with a CBD concentration of 31 mg to 45 mg per dosing period.
See more of the CBD Buyer’s Guide
Content provided by https://www.bestcbdoils.org/