Coconut oil, revered for its health enhancing qualities, replaces traditional butter in this moist marijuana brownie recipe. Infuse cannabis into coconut oil the same way you would any other oil. My Making Marijuana Oil tutorial will show you how. This makes a dense fudgy brownie.
As with any medicated recipe, the dosing here is a strictly a suggestion. For more on how to precisely dose homemade edibles for your individual needs, take my free online 10-minute dosing course.
Makes 12 Brownies
½ cup cannabis infused coconut oil
1/8 cup coconut oil
4 ½ ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 large eggs
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and grease foil with either butter or vegetable shortening.
- Melt the canna-coconut oil and the chocolate together over low heat, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir together the flour, salt, and cocoa powder, set aside.
- Stir the brown sugar into the melted chocolate mixture.
- Beat in the eggs and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Mix in the flour and salt until just incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Let cool in pan before using the foil to lift out the brownies and slice.
Cheri Sicard is the author of The Cannabis Gourmet Cookbook (2012 Z-Dog Media) and Mary Jane: The Complete Marijuana Handbook for Women (2015, Seal Press). Learn how to precisely dose your own homemade edibles by taking Cheri’s free online dosing course.