Here’s your roundup of marijuana-related events coming soon across the Golden State, with festivals, conferences and more.
Conference offers advice for investing in the cannabis industry
MedMen, a Los Angeles-based cannabis management services company and investment firm, and IMN, a finance and investment conference organizer, are hosting The Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference. The two-day program — geared toward institutional and accredited investors — will offer an in-depth look at the emerging cannabis industry and show attendees how to evaluate investment returns in legal cannabis versus alternative investments.
• When: 8 a.m. March 28 to 12:15 p.m. March 29
• Where: Hayes Mansion at 200 Edenvale Avenue in San Jose
• How much: Registration is $995 to $1,995
• More information and tickets: imn.org/real-estate/conference/The-Institutional-Capital-Cannabis-Conference-IC%C2%B3/
L.A. dispensary hosting Alice in Wonderland-themed 4/20 event
Mecca Natural Medicine dispensary in Los Angeles is offering an adult 420 twist on the classic Alice In Wonderland story with a 3D experience, Dab Girls, Alice’s Smokeout, Madhatter’s Edibles and the Dab Garden. The event is free to attend, with a $60 donation needed to receive a Mecca 420 bag stuffed with cannabis goodies and products. Guests must bring a valid California ID and a doctor’s recommendation for entry.
• When: 9 a.m. April 19 to 2 a.m. April 20
• Where: Mecca Natural Medicine at 5650 W. Washington Blvd., Los Angeles
• How much: Free admission; $60 charge for gift bag
• More information and tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org or meccanaturalmedicine.org
High Times Cannabis Cup returns to Southern California
High Times’ annual Cannabis Cup in Southern California is a bit like the Oscars, Comic-Con and E3 of marijuana all rolled up into one big event. And since California voters passed recreational marijuana use in November, expect the Cannabis Cup to be a big celebration (and it has ditched the “Medical” prefix in its name).
The Cannabis Cup will include a “topical massage spa,” a grow room, a career fair and more. Music acts haven’t been announced yet, but expect some big names.
Guests must be 21 or older with a valid ID, or 18 to 20 with a medical card matching a valid ID.
• When: 3:30 p.m. to late April 21 and 1 p.m. to late April 22 and 23
• Where: National Orange Show at 689 S E St., San Bernardino
• How much: One-day general admission tickets start at $50; prices go up to $420 for a three-day VIP pass
• More information and tickets: cannabiscup.com/socal#tickets-
Have a cannabis-themed event coming to California down the road? Email us at email@example.com.