The Olympic Games are always an exciting event…but they were especially fun to watch in 2021! After the struggles we’ve all gone through during the COVID-19 pandemic, it was refreshing to see the world come together to celebrate athletic excellence and determination.
If you rooted for Team USA with friends this year, we hope you had a few of Tribe’s CBD cocktails on hand. Arguably, the best-named cocktail for this occasion was the Olympic. Don’t forget to add a dab of Tribe CBD oil for an extra jolt of excitement.
CBD Olympic Cocktail Recipe
While the modern Olympics date back to the late 19th century, Ancient Greeks initially created these games to appease the mighty god Zeus. With such a long history, there are hundreds of Olympics-related facts you could use to impress your friends. Here are just a few of the most fascinating “Olympic ice breakers” you could use while mixing your Olympic CBD cocktail.
• Pigeon shooting was a recognized sport in the 1900 Olympics.
• According to the Olympic Charter, gold medals only need to contain six grams of pure gold.
• Rather than compete again, 2nd place pole vaulters Shuhei Nishida and Sueo Oe mixed bronze and silver medals in the 1936 Olympics.
• It wasn’t till 2012’s London Olympics that every competing nation had female athletes on their teams.
• Tarzan actor Johnny Weissmuller won five gold medals for swimming.
• Gymnasium is Greek for “School for Naked Exercise.”
• ¾ oz brandy
• ¾ oz Triple Sec
• ¾ oz orange juice
• 1 dropperful Tribe CBD oil
• Orange peel, garnish
• Mix brandy, Triple Sec, and orange juice in a cocktail shaker
• Add ice and shake for a few seconds
• Strain into a pre-chilled coupe glass
• Garnish with Tribe CBD oil and an orange peel
CBD has become increasingly trendy in the athletic community. Indeed, it’s hard to find a professional sport nowadays with a few CBD fanatics in its league.
This begs the question: Is CBD legal to take during game day? Hemp is legal under the 2018 US Farm Bill, but does that make CBD OK in international sports?
According to the World Anti-Doping Agency, CBD is no longer a banned substance. As long as athletes use CBD products from a hemp plant with ≤ 0.3 percent THC, there’s no issue adding this cannabinoid to your game plan.
Stay In The Game With Tribe’s Cooling Gel
While taking CBD internally has many pros, sometimes athletes need instant relief from their sore muscles. Arguably, this is the crucial reason CBD topicals have become increasingly popular with pro athletes. Since our skin has cannabinoid receptors, some scientists believe we can absorb CBD molecules transdermally. In fact, there’s recent evidence out of the University of Kentucky that topical CBD may reduce knee inflammation.
Tribe CBD now offers a third-party tested Cold Therapy Gel with plenty of our high-quality hemp extract. For more details on this cool salve, please click here.