Here’s your roundup of cannabis events coming soon across the Golden State.
Cannabis Cup is headed to Sacramento
High Times magazine is bringing its infamous Cannabis Cup festival to Sacramento the first weekend in May. Music acts include Lauryn Hill, Cypress Hill, Lil Wayne, Gucci Mane and more. Tickets for the two-day event are on sale now, though questions remain about whether cannabis consumption and sales will be permitted for anyone 21 and older or restricted to guests with medical marijuana recommendations.
• When: May 4 and 5
• Where: Cal Expo fairgrounds at 1600 Exposition Blvd, Sacramento
• How much: From $50 for an early-bird, one-day pass to $160 for full VIP access
• More information and tickets: CannabisCup.com
Cannabis-fueled painting classes
Puff, Pass and Paint regularly offers painting classes in several California locations where students can consume cannabis products while a professional artist guides them through creating different works. Students must bring their own cannabis, but all art supplies are provided. Some locations also have occasional pottery and cooking classes.
• When: Various times and dates
• Where: Los Angeles, Orange County, Sacramento and Oakland
• How much: Around $50
• More information and tickets: PuffPassAndPaint.com
North Coast Cannabis Conference coming soon
This annual North Bay Business Journal conference will feature Lori Ajax, chief of the Bureau of Cannabis Control at the California Department of Consumer Affairs. Other speakers include Bill Silver, CEO of Cannacraft.
• When: 7:30 p.m. May 9
• Where: Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country at 170 Railroad St., Santa Rosa
• How much: $70
• More information and tickets: EventBrite.com
Yoga class incorporates hemp oil
Pondering how to incorporate hemp oil into your wellness practice in a new way? Karen Cristy, owner of GGIW Yoga, aims to help clients experience yoga on a deeper, more blissful level by adding the benefits of non-psychoactive hemp oil. Cristy says the practice can help bring the mind, body and soul in balance. No yoga experience is needed and all supplies are included.
• When: 7 p.m. most Thursdays
• Where: GGIW Yoga at 24610 Narbonne Ave., Lomita
• How much: $15
• More information and tickets: ggiwyoga.com
New CannaBiz conference comes to LA
The new CannaBiz Expo says it will offer a chance to connect with cannabis businesses, investors and legal experts through lectures and networking opportunities framed around the new California recreational atmosphere. Organizers are promising a break from “the old school boring business convention model,” with themed exhibitor rooms, a beer and wine garden, live auditions for “The Marijuana Show!” and more.
• When: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. May 12 and 13
• Where: Magic Box at 1933 S Broadway, Los Angeles
• How much: $300 for the weekend, with optional food, speaker Q&A add-ons
• More information and tickets: CannaBizExpo.net
Know about a cannabis-themed event coming soon to California? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we may include the event in a future post.