Coconut oil replaces traditional butter in this fudgy brownie recipe, resulting in treats that are both flavorful and super moist. Coconut oil is a surprisingly versatile ingredient for cooking and baking. It doesn’t impart all that much coconut flavor to the finished dish, making it a great option for savory recipes, too.
Dosage when made with Cannabis Oil about 25 mg THC per serving
Vegetable shortening or unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
¾ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup coconut oil
¼ cup Cannabis Coconut Oil
4 ½ ounces unsweetened chocolate 1 cup packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup chopped macadamia nuts, pecans, or almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving a couple of inches of overhang. Grease the foil with the vegetable shortening.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil, Cannabis Coconut Oil, and chocolate together over low heat, stirring Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir the brown sugar into the melted chocolate.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Add in the flour mixture and com- bine until just
- Stir in nuts (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it
- Let cool in the pan before using the foil to lift out the brownies an
Serving tip: Turn these simple brownies into a spectacular sundae by placing a brownie in a bowl and topping with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with hot fudge sauce and top with whipped cream and a cherry.
Cheri Sicard, nicknamed the “Martha Stewart of weed” by The Daily Beast, serves up the most definitive guide to cooking with cannabis in “The Easy Cannabis Cookbook”. The book features a comprehensive introduction to the history and benefits of cannabis, a fool-proof guide to finding your perfect dose, and 60 reliable recipes that redefine stoner eats.