Herb Seidel’s grilled corn smothered in cannabis-spice butter, always a hit at summer parties, is a treat all by itself. Because it’s wrapped in foil, the corn is easy to prepare and serve at large gatherings. But with a full half-cup of cannabis-infused butter, it’s potent—and your guests should take it slow. You might end up with leftovers, and you won’t want to waste all that buttery corn and cannabis goodness.[related_articles location=”right” show_article_date=”false” article_type=”automatic-primary-section” curated_ids=””]We combined a couple ears of Herb’s leftover corn with zucchini, peppers, and cotija cheese to make a side dish that works alongside breakfast eggs, dinnertime tacos, or on its own for lunch. To re-up the dosage, because the cannabis corn gets diluted by the rest of the salad ingredients, you could use cannabis-infused olive oil in the salad dressing. We found the salad just right for lunch without it.
olive oil for grill
2 tablespoons cannabis-infused or non-infused extra-virgin olive oil
1 large red bell pepper
One 5”-long zucchini, sliced lengthwise
2 ears grilled corn on the cob
½ cup red onion, chopped
½ cup cilantro, chopped
1 serrano chili pepper, seeded and minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1⁄4 cup cotija cheese
2 tablespoons lime juice
salt, to taste
freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill for high heat and brush with oil.
- Rub bell pepper and zucchini with infused or non- infused oil. Place pepper on grill and heat until skin has blistered, about 20 minutes.
- During last 5 minutes of cooking, grill zucchini for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove pepper’s blistered skin, seeds, and stem. Chop into small pieces.
- Chop zucchini into small pieces.
- Remove corn kernels from cobs using a sharp knife and long downward strokes.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, bell pepper, zucchini, onion, cilantro, and chili pepper.
- Add cumin, 1⁄2 tablespoon oil, lime, and cotija. Mix gently.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve.
Smokin’ Grilled Corn
olive oil for grilling
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
cayenne pepper, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
1 pinch onion powder
salt, to taste
pepper to taste
½ cup cannabis-infused butter, softened
4 ears corn, husked and cleaned
- Preheat grill for high heat and rub with oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together chili powder, oregano, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Blend in butter.
- Apply mixture to each ear of corn and place each ear onto a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap the corn. Wrap like a burrito and twist ends to close.
- Place wrapped corn on a preheated, oiled grill and cook 20-30 minutes, until tender when poked with a fork. Turn occasionally. Remove and let cool.
To subscribe to The Cannifornian’s email newsletter, click here.