By Rebecca Victoria Olmos
So you’ve never been to a dispensary before? Don’t worry, you aren’t alone. New customer sign-ups increased by over 59% in 2020, according to an Eaze report. The good news is that once you start shopping at one, you pretty much know the process of how to navigate the rest of them.
So to make your first experience a little less daunting here is how to navigate your way through.
- First things first, you need to be at least 21 years old. If you’re of age, you’ll need valid identification; ID, driver’s license, passport. Make sure anyone you bring with you meets these requirements too.
- It’s best to have cash ready. It’s hit or miss if a store will accept debit or credit cards. However, they will have an ATM, and some may even have 3rd party payment systems.
- Next, you want to choose a store and check out their menu. It’s best to have an idea of how you’d like to experience your cannabis. Do you want to smoke? Do you need help sleeping? Maybe edibles are more your style?
- When you get there, a security guard will check your id. Then you’ll check in with a receptionist who will have you create a customer profile. Finally, ask about first-time customer deals!
- Once you’ve entered the main room, a budtender will greet you. They can answer any questions you have, gather your items, and ring you out. Don’t forget to show your budtenders some love with a cash tip or a lovely review!
Once you’ve secured the bag, you’re on your way to your next adventure. If you’re lucky enough to be in a bigger city like Oakland, San Francisco, or LA, try out more than one spot! It’s always fun to be a new customer.