The holidays are a time for a sharing and few things are more enjoyable to share than anything made with Nutella. Impress your guests this holiday with this individually-dosed infused version of Chef Steve Owens’ delicious and gorgeous Nutella Share Bread.
Related: Check out Jeff’s recipes for cannabis-infused salmon with sautéed zucchini-and-leek spaghetti, beurre blanc sauce and parsleyed potatoes and Heath bar canna-cookie butter brownies.
Number of Servings: 8
- 2 cups bread flour (sifted)
- 1/3 sup raw cane sugar
- 1 package (2 ¼ teaspoons) active dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs yolks
- 2 tablespoons Jeff’s Light Tasting Cannabutter (melted)
- ¾ cup warm milk
- 1 ½ cups Nutella
- In a large bowl, use a fork to mix together bread flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Add in egg yolks, warm milk and melted cannabutter.
- Use a wooden spoon to combine all the ingredients until you form a shaggy dough.
- Pour dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 5-7 minutes until the dough is smooth and silky looking.
- Form dough into a smooth ball and place in a large, lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm area to rise for 2 hours or until the dough doubles in size.
- Once the dough has risen, pour out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 4 equal pieces.
- On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin and roll 1 piece of dough into a 12X12 square.
- Transfer the dough square onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Form a circle in the center of the dough square by lightly pressing 10” dinner plate onto the dough. This is your guide for spreading the Nutella.
- Place the Nutella in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to warm it up so it’s easily spreadable. You can continue to microwave for 10-second intervals until it’s smooth and spreads easily.
- Using a spatula, spread a thin layer of Nutella within the circle you formed in the dough.
- Repeat with 2 more sections of the dough.
- Roll out the last section of dough and place on top of the other 3. Do not spread Nutella on the top layer.
- Place the 10” plate over the layered dough and using a very sharp knife, cut off the dough around the plate to create a layered circle.
CREATE THE STAR
- Use a small cup (the mouth should be no more than 2” wide”) and place upside down onto the center of the layered dough circle. This is the center of the star.
- Using a very sharp knife, section the dough by cutting a straight line through the layers of dough from the edge of the cup past the edge of the circle. Pretend the dough is a clock and cut through at the 12, 3, 6 and 9 positions to create 4 equal sections.
- Again, using a sharp knife, slice of these sections in half from the edge of the glass past the edge of the circle.
- Repeat this process one more time. You should have 16 equal sections of dough, all attached at the edge of the glass.
- Using your fingers, lift 2 sections of dough
- Twist each section outwards 2 times and then pinch together at the edge to form the arms of the star.
- Repeat until you have 8 equal sections and voilà! you have created your star.
- Cover star with a damp towel and leave in a warm place for 20 minutes to rise
- Preheat oven to 340ºF.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown! Let cool for 30 minutes and share!
* Approximate dosage based on infusing 3.5gms dried/decarbed cannabis into 1 stick of butter — starting cannabis weight before dry/decarb was 7 gms ; use Jeff’s dosage calculator to get more dosage information per serving
This recipe was originally published at JeffThe420Chef.com.