When most people think of edibles, the first thing that comes to mind is brownies.
So it’s no surprise that brownies – with a twist – are the most popular dessert recipe made by the man known publicly as “Jeff the 420 Chef.”
Jeff recently published 100 cannabis-infused recipes in his cookbook “The 420 Gourmet: The Elevated Art of Cannabis Cuisine.” The book is available now from Harper Wave for $29.99.
Here is Jeff’s recipe for “heath bar canna-cookie butter brownies.”
The recipe makes 24 servings and takes 15 minutes of preparation time, plus 35 to 40 minutes of cooking time.
- Cooking spray (I prefer butter-flavored)
- 3 sticks grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 stick creamy cannabutter, melted
- 3 cups raw cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup roasted and lightly salted almonds, crushed
- 1 cup Speculoos cookie butter
- 1½ cup melting chocolate—2 colors (1 cup for base color and ½ cup for deco-drizzle)
- 4 Heath bars or similar, crumbled into pieces
- Paramount Crystals
WHAT ARE PARAMOUNT CRYSTALS?
Paramount Crystals are tiny chips of shortening that are the secret to creating a smooth chocolate coating. Your chocolate will be easy to work with and will dry evenly with a nice shiny finish.
- Preheat oven to 340ºF. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch brownie pan.
- Combine the melted butter, melted cannabutter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until thoroughly blended.
- Using a flour sifter, sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt into a separate bowl. (It’s important to actually sift these ingredients instead of just tossing them together in a bowl.)
- Gradually stir the dry mixture into the butter mixture until blended. Add the chocolate chips and almonds. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of one or two of the middle brownies comes out clean. Remove, and let the pan cool on a wire rack before releasing the brownies.
- Cut into 24 equal pieces. Spread a layer of Speculoos cookie butter on top of each brownie and refrigerate uncovered for 30 minutes.
- In a medium Pyrex bowl, melt the chocolate for your base color with a pinch of Paramount Crystals for 20 seconds in the microwave. Stir well. Microwave again for 10 seconds. Stir briskly until smooth and creamy.
- Insert a small fork into the side or bottom of a brownie. Dip the brownie in the chocolate, and use a small spatula to ensure that it’s evenly coated. Set the coated brownie on parchment paper. Repeat this process with the remaining brownies.
- Sprinkle Heath Bar crumbles on the brownies while the chocolate is still warm.
- In a clean bowl, for your decorative color, melt the chocolate with a pinch of Paramount Crystals for 20 seconds in the microwave. Stir well. Microwave again for 10 seconds. Stir briskly until smooth and creamy. Swizzle melted decorative chocolate over brownies, and voilà!
*CHEF TIP: Use an ice cream scoop and “mini” baking mold for 24 equally dosed brownies.
APPROXIMATE THC PER SERVING**
- 10%: 3.8 mg
- 15%: 5.7 mg
- 20%: 7.6 mg
**Based on infusing 5 grams of cured/dried/decarbed cannabis into 1⅓ sticks of butter.