Once you see how quick and easy it is to make granola, you’ll never buy the sugar laden store bought version again. In addition to cannabis oil, this version gets more healthy fortification and great flavor from hulled hemp seeds. I like to use infused coconut oil in this recipe for both its flavor and its health benefits, but any vegetable oil, including olive oil will work.
I use marijuana infused oil for this recipe. For instructions on how to make it see my blog post on the topic.
As with any medicated recipe, the dosing here is a strictly a suggestion. For more on how to precisely dose homemade edibles for your individual needs, take my free online 10-minute Dosing Course.
Make 6 cups/12 Servings
3 cups rolled oats
¾ cup sliced almonds
½ cup hulled hemp seeds
1 ½ cups raisins and/or dried cranberries
¾ cup sweetened coconut flakes
½ cup cannabis infused oil, melted if using coconut oil
½ cup agave nectar or honey
1 egg white
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, almonds, hemp seeds, raisins or cranberries, and coconut.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together cannabis oil, agave nectar, egg white, salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour liquid over the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spread in a thin layer on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until browned to your liking (I like mine toasty), about 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven, cool. Store cooled granola in an airtight container for 2 weeks or more, if it lasts that long!
Cheri Sicard is the author of The Cannabis Gourmet Cookbook (2012 Z-Dog Media) and Mary Jane: The Complete Marijuana Handbook for Women (2015, Seal Press). Learn how to precisely dose your own homemade edibles by taking Cheri’s Free online dosing class.