Here’s your roundup of cannabis events coming soon across the Golden State.
Puff, Pass & POTtery class in Oakland
Join local potter and pot enthusiast Austa Obringer for a two-hour 420-friendly Puff, Pass & POTtery session at the Oakland Cannabis Creative studio. Design your own ashtray with personal instructions from the artist, then select your preference in color and glaze. Firing is included, and pieces are available for pick-up or shipping for 20 days. Attendees must be 21 or older and can bring their own cannabis.
• When: 7 to 9 p.m. Aug. 2
• Where: 2607 Mandela Parkway, Oakland
• How much: $39 for locals, $54 for visitors
• More information and tickets: EventBrite.com
Wine & Weed Symposium comes to Santa Rosa
The legalization of cannabis in California will undoubtedly have an impact on the wine industry, but in what ways? The Wine & Weed symposium will explore, in depth, what the California wine industry can expect over the next year and what opportunities, as well as threats, will exist. This one-day event features experts from both industries, providing an overview of the cannabis industry as well as topics ranging from what is legal and new cannabis products to regulations surrounding licensing, hospitality, growing and more.
• When: 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Aug. 3
• Where: Hyatt Vineyard Creek at 170 Railroad St., Santa Rosa
• How much: $295, with tickets going fast
• More information and tickets: wine-weed.com
Emerald Exchange celebrates ‘Summer of Sungrown’
The fourth installment of Emerald Exchange’s cannabis farmer’s market and wellness festival is headed back to a private ranch in Malibu. The two-day event focuses on sungrown cannabis, hoping to connect Northern California cultivators with Southern California consumers. The weekend includes workshops on everything from sexual health to stress reduction for veterans, plus yoga sessions, guided meditation, music, infused dining and more.
Check out photos from another Emerald Exchange event.
• When: Noon to midnight Aug. 12 and 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Aug. 13
• Where: Private ranch in Malibu Canyon
• How much: One-day passes start at $100
• More information and tickets: ConsciousCityGuide.com/emeraldexchange
State of Marijuana conference returns to Los Angeles
The State of Marijuana is a two-day conference that gathers influential entrepreneurs, advocates, investors and government officials across multiple panel discussions and business workshops. The fourth annual event will feature an international speaker lineup and showcase state-of-the-art grow facilities, technology, medical marijuana applications and policy initiatives. It will focus on identifying key investment opportunities and navigating California’s new complex policy framework for the cannabis industry.
• When: 10 a.m. Aug. 26 to 6 p.m. Aug. 27
• Where: Cross Campus Downtown Los Angeles at 800 Wilshire Blvd #200, Los Angeles
• How much: $200 for early bird registration through June 26, then up to $300 or $350 at the door
• More information and tickets: StateofMarijuana.com
California Cannabis Business Conference headed to Anaheim
The National Cannabis Industry Association and its California chapter are teaming up to host the new California Cannabis Business Conference this fall in Anaheim. More than 2,000 industry insiders are expected to attend the two-day conference, which will feature 70 speakers and more than 20,000 square feet of expo space. The theme is “Navigating the Largest Adult-Use Market,” with six educational tracks catering to everyone from cultivators to political types.
• When: Sept. 21 to Sept. 22
• Where: Anaheim Marriott at 700 Convention Way, Anaheim
• How much: $545 for early bird registration or $695 at the door
• More information and tickets: CaliforniaCannabisBusinessConference.com
State of Cannabis conference coming to Long Beach
The State of Cannabis is a two-day conference that brings together cannabis industry leaders, elected officials, doctors, lawyers, regulators and other interested parties to discuss solutions for building a solid industry. The conference is different from others in that it aims to mix business and fun, allowing on-site consumption as well as sampling of sponsor products. Meals are included as well as a VIP after party.
• When: 9 a.m. Sept. 28 to 5 p.m. Sept. 29
• Where: Grand Long Beach Events Center at4101 East Willow Street, Long Beach
• How much: Starts at $149.50 for Kickstarter members and goes up to $550 for tickets at the door
• More information and tickets: EventBrite.com
Know about a cannabis-themed event coming soon to California? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we may include the event in a future post.