Here’s your roundup of cannabis events coming soon across the Golden State.
Class on growing organic cannabis at home
Colum Riley and Randy Ritchie, founders of Malibu Compost, will give a presentation on organic cannabis cultivation for small commercial producers and home growers at a Bay Area garden supply store. The class will cover cultivation from the ground up, including tips on soil mixing, top-dressing, how to organically tackle pest issues and more.
• When: 10 a.m. to noon March 31
• Where: LYNGSØ Garden Materials Inc. at 345 Shoreway Road, San Carlos
• How much: Free
• More information and tickets: EventBrite.com
420 Games return to Los Angeles
The 420 Games are returning to Santa Monica and expanding to two days, with a couple thousand people expected to pack the pier for the race, festival and after party that follows. Runners are known to wear weed-themed costumes, and there will be a finish line “village” packed with cannabis industry vendors, live music, performances by professional BMX riders, a beer garden and more.
• When: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 31 and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 1
• Where: Santa Monica Pier and Venice Skate Bowl
• How much: Free to join 4:20 race, $20-$50 for village and after party entrance
• More information and tickets: 420Games.org
Cannabis-fueled painting classes
Puff, Pass and Paint regularly offers painting classes in several California locations where students can consume cannabis products while a professional artist guides them through creating different works. Students must bring their own cannabis, but all art supplies are provided. Some locations also have occasional pottery and cooking classes.
• When: Various times and dates
• Where: Los Angeles, Orange County, Sacramento and Oakland
• How much: Around $50
• More information and tickets: PuffPassAndPaint.com
Yoga class incorporates hemp oil
Pondering how to incorporate hemp oil into your wellness practice in a new way? Karen Cristy, owner of GGIW Yoga, aims to help clients experience yoga on a deeper, more blissful level by adding the benefits of non-psychoactive hemp oil. Cristy says the practice can help bring the mind, body and soul in balance. No yoga experience is needed and all supplies are included.
• When: 7 p.m. most Thursdays
• Where: GGIW Yoga at 24610 Narbonne Ave., Lomita
• How much: $15
• More information and tickets: ggiwyoga.com
Cannabis film festival coming to Palm Springs
The Palm Springs Cultural Center is putting together a film festival, conveniently timed around the 420 marijuana holiday. The Palm Springs Film Festival & Summit will include film screenings, panel discussions, educational programs and social events such as yoga classes. And they’re accepting submissions for documentaries, feature films and shorts now.
• When: 8 a.m. April 17 to 8 p.m. April 22
• Where: Camelot Theatres at 2300 E Baristo Road, Palm Springs
• How much: From $15 for a one-day pass to $249 for full weekend access
• More information and tickets: pscff.jackalyst.com
Know about a cannabis-themed event coming soon to California? Email email@example.com and we may include the event in a future post.